Pagina's

dinsdag 5 maart 2013

Invest in a Cause!! DES Daughter Network


Desdaughter1 by totemtoeren
Follow and Connect with DES Daughter:
Like Journal of a DES Daughter on Facebook Circle Journal of a DES Daughter on Google Plus Follow @des_journal DES Diethylstilbestrol's photostream on Flickr DES Diethylstilboestrol's channel on YouTube Diethylstilbestrol, Journal of a DES Daughter logo DES Daughter's news on Care2 Invest in (e)DESdaughter on Empire Avenue DES Daughter on Klout Follow DES Daughter on Pinterest Add the 'DES (Diethylstilbestrol) Awareness' PicBadge to your profile picture! Follow DES Daughter on Scoop.it Take DES Daughter's surveys on Survcast Follow DES Daughter on Tumblr

My DES journey started with a miscarriage. When I started bleeding after 11 weeks of pregnancy, I vaguely remembered what my mum told me when I was a teenage girl about the DES drug she had been prescribed when she was pregnant which may prevent me from having normal pregnancies or even worst from knowing the joy of being a mum. When I miscarried, this information kept somewhere in the back of my mind came back at once.
Being diagnosed DES daughter meant I would most likely never be able to experience the joys of pregnancy and motherhood. I may never give a daughter or son to my husband; grandchildren to my parents and in-laws. Additionally, I may be under higher risks of developing other health problems such as cancer. I was promised to live the rest of my live with fear, stress, anxiety and guilt to name just a few of the many emotions that went trough my mind the day I was first called .

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Shared on all my networks... Many thanks for this post Oncle Gerrit :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. DES Daughter is a wonderful advocacy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Des Daughter you amaze me with the relentless spreading of the word related to drugs in the marketplace that have terrible side effects. Thank you and keep up the good work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen