Pagina's

zondag 18 december 2011

GeeklessTech: Social Media and Technology from a different Perspective

GeeklessTech by totemtoeren
GeeklessTech, a photo by totemtoeren on Flickr.
Link to Site     Link to FB page


Steven Hughes's first taste of Social Media came in April of 2007 when he joined LinkedIn. Being in Sales Management at the time, he viewed it as a tool to build an accurate database. While he didn’t know many of the now 17K direct contacts, earlier on he did recognize the power of the platform.
"I later joined Twitter and Facebook, but my activity was sporadic at best. After the initial “I haven’t seen you since HS” wore off, FB laid dormant. In December of 2010 I registered for a Social Media game where you bought and sold shares in other players. This game Empire Avenue was the catalyst for my interest in Social Media. This is more then a game. It’s about networking and building relationships. It has been an invaluable resource both personally and professionally."
"So fast forward to October 2011 and the birth of this blog. I hope I’m not too late for the party."

1 opmerking: